Saturday 4 January 2014

Spies, Secrets, and the SOE: Oh My!

It's been nearly two months since I last blogged. Between Christmas, working three jobs, and my newest middle grade work in progress, I've been all consumed.

But, peeps, I am so excited about my latest novel that I must share some deets with you! Thanks to a fellow "Anita" - Christina Janz (check out her most awesome blog, Dragonfly Dithers) who gave us a quick tutorial on Microsoft Onenote, I can now share some of my character sketches, plot development, and research that is going into my latest book.

Ford and Ellie's Mostly Solved Mysteries: Family of Spies, is loosely based on the mystery of my Grandfather's still sealed World War II records. Few facts are known about his RCAF years. but family legends of spying with William Stephenson, covert flight plans, and code breaking abound. Ford and Ellie, two 12-year-old cousins solve the mystery while retracing their Great-Grandfather's SOE footsteps. It is a current day James Bond meets Spy Kids.

I'd like to introduce to you, the main character, Ford and his cousin Ellie:


These are the kids that have my mind a'whirling, their individual voices clear in my head. 

Now, if only I could get to France for some on the cobblestone ground research...

2 comments:

  1. Jodi, your enthusiasm's contagious! (And this technology stuff blows my mind.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because I am still coasting on the good vibes of our Anitas' meeting!

      Delete