Monday 9 February 2015

Devious Mind in Need of a Poker Face

All I can say is, "WOW!"

This is the Forever Julia kit Great Plains Teen Fiction sends to book reviewers, journalists, book bloggers, and librarians. My pal, co-worker, and Pembina Trails School Division's Educational Media/Library Consultant, Heather Eby brought the kit to work today so I could hold the Advanced Reading Copy. (Heather has a very fancy title because she is a literary queen, reading more books a year than anyone I know. Yes, that's right; she's a librarian's librarian.)

Holding the printed copy of Forever Julia was such a thrilling moment, I overheated and nearly slipped into delirium, taking every ounce of my constraint not to slip this ARC into my purse and slink away. 
Yup, I contemplated stealing my own book. I am devious that way.
However, since I have zero poker face, I wouldn't have gotten far, plus I kept walking around the school like this:

Worst thief. Ever.

Next step:

Book Launch at 7:00 pm on April 16th at 
McNally Robinson Booksellers.


Hope to see you there!
Yes, there will be wine. And books. And excitement. 
And possibly balloon animals.

(Okay, no balloon animals, but for sure wine
& a bookstore full of excitement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment